Privacy notice for Worcester Model Boat Club
Worcester Model Boat Club takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Worcester Model Boat Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
* Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number.
* Date of birth – to calculate membership category
* Equality information – sex, gender, disability, ethnic group and religion.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
* Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, membership card, end of year renewal.
* Set up an online membership account enabling you to manage your membership and communication preferences.
* Organise club activities
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
* Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, general meetings or other events.
* Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion and development purposes.
* Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with:
* The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Lloyds Bank process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
Google (Gmail) distribute our emails. Their servers are based in the US and they uphold the EU Privacy Shield to certify their data security.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by only our membership secretary, chairman and club secretary. Your personal information is stored by our club via password protected documents, and retained in locked filing cabinet. All database’s are password protected and emailed via password protected accounts.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for one year.
You have a right to:
* Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
* Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
* Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
* Request that we delete your personal information.
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at